Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Blogger Idol

Disclaimer:  I will be discussing an event that happened over a month ago.  However, this was an amazing night that deserves my reminiscence.

I MET PIONEER WOMAN!  See?


 One day, I would love for this little blog to be as versatile and interesting as hers.  This was at a Davis-Kidd Booksellers event for her new book, "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: A Love Story."  My favorite part of PW's website has to be Pioneer Woman Cooks, though.  When I first discovered her blog, I was starting to become mildly interesting in cooking.  A few years later, I have made TONS of her recipes and have become inspired to constantly  expand my cooking horizons.  Now, if only I could meet Deb from smittenkitchen and Bakerella.




My mom got to meet her, too!  I was so excited.  We definitely bond over Pioneer Woman recipes.  While we were waiting in the very long line, we ate at the in-store restaurant, Bronte Bistro.  I had the fluffiest, most delicious spinach, artichoke, and red pepper quiche.  I have now devoted several Google searches to finding the secret of fluffy quiche...


And we even met Marlboro Man!  He was a soft-spoken gentleman.  He also posed with my friend Jess.  She turned an adorable shade of red.


It was a great night.  I wish I could have talked to Pioneer Woman a little big longer, but there were hundreds of people at the event.  I brought her a dozen Muddy's cupcakes as well, so I was representing!

Thanks for giving me this opportunity, Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment