Sunday, April 3, 2011

Easy Spring Meal

Wow!  Life sure has been busy these past few months.  I thought I would get back into the swing of blogging by sharing an EASY favorite recipe with y'all!


 I'm talking about one of my favorite pastas:  Green Pea Alfredo.  You're probably thinking, "What's so special about that?"  And the truth is...I don't know.  It's just awesome.  It's pretty much on the same comfort food level as macaroni and cheese for me and Phillip.

First, boil 1 lb. of your favorite short pasta in generously salted water until al dente.  Next, add
3/4 lb.-1 lb. of frozen green peas into the pasta while water is still boiling.  Wait 2 minutes.  Drain pasta and peas.  Toss with 1/2 cup-3/4 cup alfredo sauce (jarred or a super easy homemade version), 2 teaspoons of garlic salt with parsley, and a dash of both black pepper and red pepper flakes.  That's it!  It's so easy, I almost feel lazy calling it a "recipe."

Of course, you can add any of your favorite spices or meats to personalize it.  Some of our favorite additions are diced green onions, caramelized onions, grilled shrimp, and chicken.

And those scrumptious-looking tomatoes?  Pastor Ryan's Roasted Ricotta Romas.  The only change I made to the recipe was adding about 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella to the cheese mixture.  Mmmmm.  Such a yummy spring side dish...or main dish, if you like these as much as I do.  However, I would like the tomatoes to be firmer after roasting, so the next time I make them, I'm thinking I may roast the tomatoes sans cheese mixture for about 5-10 minutes before adding the mixture to the middles.

Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. J'adore green peas...and pasta too, of course!

    ReplyDelete